Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) is a major French corporate bank with offices in 35 countries, a staff of more than 20,000 people and over 100 sites.
The main responsibilities of the network and data transport departments within SGCIB are to build, implement and support network and data services for the bank’s various business channels.
A senior Simstreamconsultant was embedded within the bank’s DCS/WAN team to drive large-scale projects and facilitate an efficient, organized and cost-effective implementation.
Simstreamwas responsible for the following areas:
• Managing transformation projects
• Driving contracts with operators and GTS subcontractors
• Defining technical architectures
• Defining procedures and network management
• Migration of the networks endings of 2,000 agencies in France to the Seclin data centre – a year-long project that mobilized all the GTS teams and the operators to ensure service continuity for customers
• Monitoring contracts and price lists with the various network access providers (Orange Business Services, SFR, etc.)
• Architecture definition and management of the migration project of all the LAN networks of over 15 sites hosting call centres
• Performance improvement on the Société Générale network
• Strengthening of the Service Level Agreement commitments taken by the suppliers and operators of Société Générale