La Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer français (SNCF) is the French state railway company.
Define a new EAS system able to address the business challenges and risks for Transilien SNCF railway operations in dense area (Ile-de-France where there are more than 3 million passengers a day).
• Make the development of the evolution strategy of the EAS system and its business model,
• Perform the launch of pre-study work including the realization of an international benchmark on EAS systems in Europe and Asia, and the launch of an experiment in IDF,
• Make the definition of the master plan and the establishment of the program’s investment record.
Simstream has set up a program management since July 2010:
• Implementation of a strategic framework and a clear and legible path for the SNCF,
• Coordination of several SNCF Direction in a complex organization,
• Production of a complex economic model,
• Motivate industrials to participate at the necessary exchanges of the technical and functional specifications definition.
Successful management of negotiations with ARCEP regarding the frequency spectrum required to:
• an experiment conducting,
• a lease extension for frequencies up through the EAS system.
This control allowed for a gradual migration to equip 400 stations and 800 railway trains.