EDF is the leading producer and supplier of energy in France and in the world.
The project consisted in the establishment of a centralized and uniform solution of storage management and the entire EDF servers backup (3000 servers /1500 TB of data).
Simstream was chosen to develop tools for:
• Storage data migration
• Systems configuration,
• Servers analysis.
Also, provide documentation of migration procedures.
• Script-writing of current servers SAN storage data migration to new SAN storage solution,
• Automatic creation of operating system configurations: Solaris, AIX, Linux.
• Analysis script-writing of the state of pre-migration server configurations
• Automatic configuration script-writing og Legato Networker servers for the establishment of backup solution
• Writing of technical procedures for Linux server migration to a centralized multipathing SAN environment.
Simstream provided a team of 4 consultants mastering various technologies for 2 years . They have been able to establish a storage system for more than 3,000 servers / 1500 TB of data.