AIFE is the national agency responsible of the governance, management and operations of the French State financial information system, in particular “Chorus” which is the core ERP system managing all French ministries’ spending, non-tax receipts and accounting.
“Chorus” has been the largest IT project implemented in the public sector in France, aimed at modernizing French government’s financial information system.
For Chorus roll-out, conduct the infrastructure evolutions on themain datacenter, as well as the creation of a DR datacenter.
Simstreamhas been involved to:
• Manage the infrastructure delivery team (25 engineers) in charge of the evolutions on Chorus main datacenter
• Organize the DR infrastructure deployment on a new datacenter
• Themain datacenter evolutions:
• Servers capacity upgrades and newservers
• Network capacity upgrades
• Data storage capacity upgrades
• Operating systems and middlewares upgrade
• A new DR datacenter, based on the same architecture as the primary datacenter, with less processing capacity
Simstreamhas been particularly focused on:
• The security of the solution: definition of replication strategiesmeeting the RPOand RTOrequirements
• The performance of the solution: organization of a performance test campaign with 8 experts in order to finetune all sub-systems parameters (LAN,SAN, OS, DB,…)
• The ability to operate the solution: definition of monitoring policies, backup & restore policies
Simstream actively participated in the infrastructure evolution, allowing Chorus roll-out for all ministries with the expected performance and security requirements